Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Wordsmith at Work: New Beginnings

Eggs always symbolize starting again to me.
Announcements, announcements, announcements! Coming to you at the tail end of Tuesday night, I'll be telling you about some important changes I'm making to this blog.

Let's start with the most important fact: the posting schedule has been changed. New posts will come Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Monday and Friday I'll talk about writing, and Wednesdays will be Wordsmith at Work days.

Why the change?

Ever since I got home, I've felt lethargic and trapped. I've been completely unwilling or unable to get anything done. Even getting this week's blog posts done on time has been extremely difficult (hence my posts on break-taking and trying to focus).

I think part of my problem is that I don't have enough to do. My college let out recently (it's a weird school on a weird schedule) and while I do have a job, it doesn't keep my nearly as busy as schoolwork did. So, in order to keep my mind alert, I've decided to restructure my production schedule.

One of my goals is to have my posts ready in advance, so I can find a regular posting time, but that might take a little longer to implement. I'm also planning to change up my writing, but I'll cover that in a minute.

What will I be posting about?

Monday and Friday I'll be covering the same topics I've been covering, writers on writing. I'll talk about what it means to be a writer, how to improve your writing, tips and tricks of the writing trade. Pretty much anything I think I can get away with, as long as it has to do with writing. Suggestions are always welcome.

Wednesday I'll be The Wordsmith at Work, and I'll be talking about Important News! I wanted a chance to talk to you, my readers, as The Wordsmith, let you know what's going on in my life and in my business.

I'll be posting important information that pertains to this blog, like this schedule change or the mailing list that will be set up in a week or two. I'll also be talking about my work as a proofreader and an editor. Sometimes I'll post examples of critiques I've made, to give you a sample of my skills.

What do you think? Do you like the new posting schedule?

In other news: What other changes am I making?

The other important change is about my stories. After much thought I've decided to take Heaven's Wrath off of DeviantArt. I intend to publish it, and I feel it will complicate matters if I'm asking my readers to pay for a book they can find online for free.

However, I would still like to publish work on DeviantArt, and so I'll be starting a new project, which I will be working on simultaneously with Heaven's Wrath. It's currently scheduled to be published every Sunday, as soon as I figure out what I'm going to be writing.

As always, up-to-the-minute news will be on my Twitter, including information on my new project. What do you think I should write about? Would you read, say, fanfiction from me?

Wordsmith at Work: Still at play, but don't tell my boss.

2 comments:

  1. I like the new schedule. I'm also off college and need something to keep my attention. This blog is perfect for me. I am also reminded to write myself when I read this blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really hard to focus when there's nothing consistently demanding we do work every day. :) I'm glad I help you remember to write! It's very important.

      Delete